Friday 4 November 2011

Brand In the Spotlight: Rationale Essential 6 Night Range

In our ABBW goodie bags we got a lovely little invite from Rationale to have a skin consultation. I’d heard a lot about Rationale from a friend at work who swears by it, so I really jumped at the opportunity to find out some more about it. And I’m so glad I did (I’m really calling the ABBW the gift that keeps on giving)!


I arranged my consultation with the lovely Linda from Rationale, and she set up my on call consultation with Jo the training manager.  

Consultation numero uno: so when Jo called we basically talking about my skin and what’s been going on with it. We talked about my current skincare routine and what things I would like to change about my skin. At the end of the consultation Jo said she would send me out a sample of the Night Essential 6 Rationale range.

The Essential Six are designed to deliver everything that your skin needs in 6 products. Pretty awesome huh?? And here I was thinking that I needed hundreds. How silly of me.

There are 3 products in the night range.

First up there is the Preparatory Cleanser. The Preparatory Cleanser is enriched with ultra gentle cleansing agents and soothing botanicals that are designed to cleanse and hydrate. The cleanser also contains Niacinamide and Panthenol to restore the skin’s barrier function, contains vitamins, A, C & E to reduce inflammations and Licorice Root and Chamomile extracts to cleanse and calm.



Next is serum number 1, the Skin Refining Serum. The 1st night serum (step 5 in the whole essential six), the Skin Refining Serum restores skin luminosity, unclogs pores and reduces visible signs of pigmentation. Gentle botanical alpha and beta hydroxy acids gently acidify the skin, restoring surface pH and optimal luminosity.



Lastly is serum number 2, the Retinaldehyde Serum. The Ratinaldehyde is a natural form of vitamin A found in skin cells. It is involved in cellular repair processes. Used nightly, Retinaldehyde restores skin integrity promoting smoother, firmer, clearer, skin and enhanced luminosity.  

A few days after my consultation my essential six night range samples showed up with a few additions, two of the different rationale day creams to protect my skin.





So far I’m really impressed with the essential night range. The products are really lovely and make my skin look bright, luminous and hydrated. I’ve also noticed that I’m not really getting any spots during “that time of the month”. I normally don’t get too many spots but during that time I normally got one or two. So I’m very happy to report that they seem to be at bay at the moment! The only thing I have found it that if I wear heavy make-up I need to use make-up remover before the cleanser. The cleanser is supposed to remove all make-up as well as cleanse the skin, but I find I need to use a remover first.

ABBW ladies, if you haven't arranged your Rantionale consultation yet get onto it!


3 comments: